Solid Waste Management
Design of Tabouk Landfill,
2011 – 2012
BIT Consult GmbH and bw-engineers GmbH for Ministry of Water and Electricity, Saudi Arabia
Design and elaboration of tender documents of a landfill for sewage sludge of the neighboring wastewater treatment plants.
– Maximum volume 300,000 m3;
– Expected lifetime: 40 years;
– 24,000 m3 of asphalt seal with 450 m of drainage line DN 315 HDPE, 2/3 screened;
– 720 m of drainage, DN 200 HDPE;
– Quantity of gas generated: 100 m3/h;
– Gas incineration by high temperature flare;
– 1,200 m of gas drainage, DN 90 HDPE screened;
– 800 m of gas collecting lines DN 90 HDPE;
– 6 nos. of gas collecting stations.
– Detailed design of gas collection and utilization;
– Elaboration of tender documents for the overall project.
Rehabilitation of Hamberg Landfill (2 separate projects),
2009 – ongoing
HAMBERG DEPONIEGESELLSCHAFT mbH (HDG), Germany
Rehabilitation of several sectors of Hamberg Landfill, covering design, elaboration of tender documents and supervision of works for:
– Deconstruction of soil cover of surface filter;
– Construction of intermediate dams;
– Construction of leachate collection system and leachate pumping station;
– Construction of multifunctional intermediate seals;
– Construction of base seal.
– Maximum volume: approx. 1.9 Mio m3;
– Mineral layer base seal / asphalt seal;
– Leachate collection system;
– Gas drainage system;
– Lean gas treatment;
– Leachate pre-treatment unit.
– Conceptual, preliminary and detailed design;
– Elaboration of tender documents and tendering;
– Project coordination and documentation;
– Site supervision.